SOLVED

Excel for Mac - Point as separator in a German Excel

Copper Contributor

Hi there!
I working with Excel for Mac on my MacBook Air with OS X Catalina. My Excel language is german (I from Austria). Is there any possibility to change the separator from comma to point (without changing the OS language or the language in Excel)?

Thanks!

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Mr_Geo91 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Mr_Geo91 In English: Apple symbol top left, System Preferences, Language & Region, Advanced... should bring you to this screen. Here you can set your preferences.

Screenshot 2020-02-20 at 11.19.15.png

Thank you for your effort, but this system change don't work in Excel. Excel is changing 40.5793 to 405.793 :(

Greets!

@Mr_Geo91 How strange. I have tried on both my MBP and MB air (on Catalina). When I change the thousand and/or decimal separator in systems settings, Excel picks-up the new settings after the next start-up.

@Riny_van_Eekelen Hey Riny, now it works. I really don't know why, but after restarting Excel two times the separator was set to a point.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Greets,

Mr_Geo91

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mr_Geo91 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Mr_Geo91 In English: Apple symbol top left, System Preferences, Language & Region, Advanced... should bring you to this screen. Here you can set your preferences.

Screenshot 2020-02-20 at 11.19.15.png

View solution in original post