SOLVED

Excel for MAC Pivot Filters

Copper Contributor

I use Excel in Microsoft and have a few MAC users.  I can't find how to show them how to select multiple Pivot filters on a MAC like I can on Microsoft ("Add current selection to filter"), and since I myself do not HAVE a MAC I can't play around to see how this is done.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Jennifer D

4 Replies

@JenniferD300 As far as I can determine, that feature simply does not exist in Excel for the Mac.

@Riny_van_Eekelen - Thank you so much, I did not see it, but what a disappointment that I do not have the full functionality that I do with Microsoft.  Do you suggest another avenue for completing what I am attempting? Multiple filters of a list, there has to be a way, can not imagine that MAC would not have another way to complete such a simple task that Microsoft handles with ease.

Thanks again,

Jennifer D

best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@JenniferD300 That's the way it is! I worked with Excel for Mac for more than 10 years without even knowing that is lacked certain functionality and I never missed it. Now, I use both in parallel and realise that the Windows version has certain features that I can no longer do without. The pivot table filtering is not one of them, as I hadn't even noticed it before.

Thank you so much @Riny_van_Eekelen, wanted to make sure I was just not missing it.  Will find another way :)

Jennifer D 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@JenniferD300 That's the way it is! I worked with Excel for Mac for more than 10 years without even knowing that is lacked certain functionality and I never missed it. Now, I use both in parallel and realise that the Windows version has certain features that I can no longer do without. The pivot table filtering is not one of them, as I hadn't even noticed it before.

View solution in original post