Excel for Mac installation deletes formulas while opening

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I currently observe an odd behaviour with an Excel for Mac installation (version 16.54):

When I try to open certain xlsx files, I get the warning that some problems with the file were detected. After "repairing", Word opens with a warning window that some user-defined XML elements are not supported by Word. The Word document itself then tells me that formulas were deleted.

I  tracked down which formulas were problematic: In one file a DATEDIF calculation, in the other file a long, but simple formula for radioactive decay correction. Both have worked flawlessly for years, and until a few days ago at least, also on this computer.

Funnily, when I open the same file on a different computer with the same software release of Excel for Mac (16.54), I cannot replicate the problem.

I would be grateful for helpful suggestions!

Best wishes,

Marcel

2 Replies
Interesting,

the problem has resolved spontaneously....

Best wishes,

Marcel
Crazy,

and now it has reappeared, not only on Excel for Mac installations, but also on Windows installations, and also with a different Excel file: Now, it was not willing to accept my conditional formatting rules.

This instability is really worrying, so I would be grateful for any helpful suggestions....

Best wishes,

Marcel