Excel Financial Program

Copper Contributor

I want to create a stand alone excel program to populate a General Ledger spreadsheet I have built, with the use of a Data Entry Form and which will also automatically populate a Monthly Report form that I have in a pdf. 

I want to do the work, but I am going to need a guru to guide me along this path.  I have created a simple data entry form, which obviously needs tweaking, but it populates the Ledger, which is a step in the right direction.  After using the form to populate the ledger and I am ready to print the particular quarter spreadsheet, I want it to print without the form showing i.e. like the original ledger. 

I have attached the Ledger in it's original form and the one I created with the Data Entry Form

Thanks for the help

4 Replies

@dcg2122 Oh my! As an accountant, I'm horrified by what I see. That's how I learned accounting in school about 45 years ago, on paper. If you don't want to buy a proper accounting system, why not enter all your transactions (i.e. journal entries) in one table (Date, Account, Description, and create general ledger from there. Just a thought.

@Riny_van_Eekelen This is the accounting system that the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the US expect their treasurers to maintain.  It's OK if I use, as you say, a proper accounting program, but even then, I still have to maintain this Ledger, as does every other treasurer in every other VFW Post, District and Department who this land.  As you san see from my ledgers, I don't have a lot of tramsactions so it would be counterproductive for me to invest in a progam like quickbooks only to have to still maintain this ledger.  What I am after or what I wanted to do is automate the process and share it with my counterparts so they don't have maintain this in a semi-stubby pencil fashiion.  Right or wrong, it is what it is and it's not going to change, so with that said, are you willing to help me make something worthwhile.?

@dcg2122 Understood and fair enough. I can only sympathise with you and your counterparts for the fact that you are forced to work with this format. 

Going to help me or not?
district9QM@gmail.com