Excel filter

Copper Contributor

Hi, I was wondering how do I fix a filter.

For example, I have a column that I have to fill (a/b/c/d/e). Some columns are "a", "b", "a,b,c", "b,c". I want to filter out any row that contains "c". While I can use the custom filter and use contains, however, it is only one time use, the "c" filter option does not stay in the filter list. How do I make it stay in the filter list?

3 Replies

@yiying 

With your permission, if I can recommend you, add a file (without sensitive data) to your project.

Explain your plans in relation to this file. So you can get a solution that is tailored to your needs much faster.

At the same time, it is much easier for someone who wants to help to understand the subject.

A win-win situation for everyone.

Please no Picture, even if it is said that a picture can say a thousand words, it is certainly not always in the case of Excel, on the contrary in some cases.

* Knowing the Excel version and operating system would also be an advantage.

Finally, please consider why does one of the helpers still have to prepare the file with your request?

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

Hi! Well said, I should have done it.
For example, I want to filter out all the row containing d

yiying_0-1615302559368.png
I can go to custom filter to select contains d

yiying_1-1615302644794.png
However, it is a one-time off filter

yiying_2-1615302706753.png

Is it possible for me to fix the list of filters, such that under (Select All) it only has contains "a", contains "b", contains "c", contains "d", contains "e". instead of abe, ac, bcd, cd, all these options

Hope these photos better substantiate my problem at hand.

Thank you so much!

Sorry, even if it is said that a picture can say a thousand words, it is certainly not always in the case of Excel, on the contrary in some cases.
With the pictures you have inserted, you cannot see which additional settings may be present in your sheet, or which formulas are in the respective cells. At the same time, I don't know which Excel version is involved and which operating system you are using (not always necessary, but sometimes yes).
That's why I can't help you here.

Why does the helper create a sample file in order to guess what the helper needs in the best case?

I wish you have a nice day

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)