SOLVED

Excel Filter Madness

Copper Contributor

Hi all, 

I'm hoping one of you geniuses can help me.  My company uses a shared Excel spreadsheet to track data for new employees but inevitably we have people that filter data that throws the whole spreadsheet out of whack and they forget to revert the filters before logging out and the changes are saved.  Currently we have all employees filtered from newest hire to oldest and we just want to revert the spreadsheet back to the date they were entered onto the spreadsheet.  Is there a way to get this accomplished without going back in the version history and selecting the option before the data was filtered?  Thank you!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@Heather_Whiteside 

Unless the worksheet contains a column that you can use to restore the original sort order, there is no way to reconstruct it in the current version, so you'll have to go back to a previous one.

Darn, that's what I was afraid of. Thank you for your help, Hans!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@Heather_Whiteside 

Unless the worksheet contains a column that you can use to restore the original sort order, there is no way to reconstruct it in the current version, so you'll have to go back to a previous one.

View solution in original post