Excel filter issues

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I've got an excel table with 5 colums and each colum has different type of data, the problem is the content of those colums are not being automatically selected while filtering. what should I do?

5 Replies

@Joe_Nd03 

With your permission, if I can recommend. It can help us all if you upload an Excel file (without sensitive data), no picture. Even if it is said that a picture can say a thousand words, it is certainly not in the case of Excel, on the contrary in some cases. This would also be a blessing for all of us, as we can understand the problem much better, a win-win situation for everyone.

* Knowing the Excel version and operating system would also be an advantage.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

unfortunately the table I#mm working on contains sensible data, i would have loved to post it coz a really need help but I can't.

* Knowing the Excel version and operating system would also be an advantage.

@Joe_Nd03 

The problem could be complex or very simple, but without a file (without sensitive data) it's hard to guess.

There is a possibility with the worksheet compatibility, here is some information.

But the problem could also be due to the formula.

Worksheet compatibility issues

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/worksheet-compatibility-issues-f9c80c5b-5afc-40da-a841-b8...

I hope I could help you with that.

Thank you for your time and patience

Nikolino
I know that I know nothing(Socrates)

@Joe_Nd03 

It's not necessary to submit your working file, you may generate small sample to illustrate an issue. That's 5 minutes job.