SOLVED

Excel Filter function not working in M365

Copper Contributor

Hello, i have bought Microsoft Family 365 monthly subscription, because i needed =FILTER function, logged in, updated everything, and still THERE IS NO =FILTER() function, only =filterxml(). How do i handle this? How to make it work? 

6 Replies

Hello, The FILTER function which is one of the 6 Dynamic Array Functions is only available in the Beta and Current Channels of Excel for Microsoft 356. I have it in my Beta Channel which is formally Insiders Fast and another of my system operating Current Channel

The DA functions is not available in Microsoft Family 365 subscription and I doubt whether I will be available any time soon

https://www.exceljetconsult.com.ng/home/blog/generate-random-list-using-randbetween-filter-functions...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/filter-function-f4f7cb66-82eb-4767-8f7c-4877ad80c759

Regards

best response confirmed by JoeMcDaid (Microsoft)
Solution

@Abiola1 Dynamic Arrays are very much in Microsoft 365 Family. I have been running this for a while.

@IwoMysiak Try restarting your computer. When you activate a new license, it may take a while for all features to arrive if you already have an existing installation of Excel.

Restarting Excel should be sufficient, but restarting the computer will be better.

@Ingeborg Hawighorst Spot on. Dynamic Arrays and the supporting function are available to all subscription users. 

Recently when training a client using the version mentioned, I checked for the DA functions and XLOOKUP but they weren't available! That informed my thinking that DA functions were only available in Beta and Current Channels

I think there is need for more clarify so that user's will understand the features and functions in Microsoft 365 Family, Personal, Enterprise etc. Because all this can be very confusing to understand

I have not been able to get FILTER to function in O365 online (as in, excel in the web browser).  I do have a family subscription, and it works fine in the thick client, but I'm trying to collaborate on an online spreadsheet with family...  Anyone else have this problem?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JoeMcDaid (Microsoft)
Solution

@Abiola1 Dynamic Arrays are very much in Microsoft 365 Family. I have been running this for a while.

@IwoMysiak Try restarting your computer. When you activate a new license, it may take a while for all features to arrive if you already have an existing installation of Excel.

Restarting Excel should be sufficient, but restarting the computer will be better.

View solution in original post