SOLVED

Excel File Saving as PDF

Copper Contributor

I'm having a problem where when I save an Excel file it saves as a pdf. It still has the extension xlsx, but the icon identifies it as a pdf. (See attached screen shot that shows Toby Fund Donors.xlsx.) In most cases it will open as an Excel doc. But I've also had situations where I am unable to open the file at all. I've confirmed in Excel Options that the files should be saved as an Excel Workbook. And I also reinstalled MS Office, but that hasn't helped. I'm flummoxed!

6 Replies
Hi, did you try to change the default opening application?

Just like this : Right mouse click on the document ( Here : Toby found donors ), --> " Open with "
select Excel in the list, or try " select another application "

If it doesn't work, you can look at the settings, Apps > Default apps and click " Choose the default applications by file type ", maybe you will find .xlsx and choose Excel !

@Escuincla 

You can use the Office programs to save or convert your files to PDFs so that you can share them or print them using commercial printers. And you won’t need any other software or add-ins.

For for instructions click on the Link.

Save or convert to PDF or XPS in Project desktop

would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

I found Choose a Default App in Settings and see a list in which the .xlsx extension is associated with Adobe Acrobat Document. So that identifies the problem. But I'm not seeing an option to actually change the default app. There's just the list.

best response confirmed by Escuincla (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Nevermind, I just saw what to click on to change the default ... and it worked! So thank you for your help.

A pleasure !  :):)

This was a great relief! Thank you!@Maison_Attrape_reve 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Escuincla (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Nevermind, I just saw what to click on to change the default ... and it worked! So thank you for your help.

View solution in original post