Excel file keeps freezing on me when trying to save and moves slowly between tabs and cells

Copper Contributor

Excel file keeps freezing on me when trying to save and moves slowly between tabs and cells. 

15 Replies
Click the Looking glass button on the Home tab and choose "Selection Pane". Does it show many items?

@Jan Karel Pieterse I don't see a looking glass. can you do a screen shot and show me where. Thanks. 

@emrobinson65 Sure! It is called Find and Select and can be found on the right-hand side of your Home tab:

Find and Select.jpg

@Jan Karel Pieterse I did that and nothing showed up on the side. Now the file is starting to take really long time to load when I click open. 

it just takes me to a few rows below the last column
11 rows down the last entry at the last column
Ok so I have several tabs in this one excel sheet. When I control+end each tab the cell ends up in a different location. Some are really far out like GA. Overall it's the same info but for different cities. So most of the information finishes on column BO, BP, BF, BL, BG. Hope this makes sense.
I don't have Microsoft Office 365. I bought the student home version when I bought my iMac. So in the file tab there is no "options". I did find add-in in the 'insert' tab but I don''t have any. I did a search and nothing came up for "COM" add-in. HELP.

I know what the problem is ... I'm missing the file tab next to the Home tab. So I can't follow the instructions to the link you gave me. How do I had the file tab??? See attached screen shot. 

I found out that this only applies to windows not Macs.