SOLVED

Excel - Drop-Down & If Statements

Copper Contributor

I am new in this community -

On the attached spreadsheet:

1 - Scope Drop-down, want more choices, it gives me only one.

2 - Want cell color under Status to turn Red if Date Received is Blank, and turn Green if date is filled. 

Regards -

8 Replies

@BigBolbol 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Excel space - please post Excel questions here in the future. 

@BigBolbol 

1) Multiple selection from drop-down list that's with VBA programming, the sample is here Excel Data Validation Drop Down Select Multiple Items (contextures.com)

2) Since there are only two options with color, you color range in red first and after that apply conditional formatting rule as

image.png

Hi Sergai,
Thanks for your response.
I followed the steps. Unable to attach picture, but Status column comes all in red.
Cells that should show Green say True; Cells that should show Red say False; but all cells come out in Red.

Due Date Date Received Status
8/23/21 8/24/21
8/19/21 8/17/21
8/22/21 FALSE
8/23/21 8/23/21
8/28/21 FALSE

I could send the picture of the Conditional Formatting and the results to your email if possible.
Regards -
best response confirmed by BigBolbol (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@BigBolbol 

Please check in attached file.

Perfect - It works fine; thanks -
Question: How can I attach file to reply?
I try many ways and couldn't.
Hi Sergei,
I did copy / paste your formula from subject spreadsheet to another one. The formula in the original spreadsheet works perfect. For some reason the formula does not work in another spreadsheet. What is wrong?
I type the formula carefully to make sure proper cells are referenced, but results are negative.
Another concern is that, when I copy / paste formula from a cell in the original spreadsheet, onto the lower cells, the formula works; however the formula does not show in the URL address ribbon.
Please advise.
Hi Sergei,
I did copy / paste your formula from subject spreadsheet to another one. The formula in the original spreadsheet works perfect. For some reason the formula does not work in another spreadsheet. What is wrong?
I type the formula carefully to make sure proper cells are referenced, but results are negative.
Another concern is that, when I copy / paste formula from a cell in the original spreadsheet, onto the lower cells, the formula works; however the formula does not show in the URL address ribbon.
Please advise.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by BigBolbol (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@BigBolbol 

Please check in attached file.

View solution in original post