Excel document - FTE only

Microsoft

Hi all,

How can I make an Excel document FTE-only? 

I saw at same point an option, but I do not remember where is location in the menu.

Thank you!

5 Replies

@ClaudiaO What is "FTE only"?

@Riny_van_Eekelen Hi Riny. Full-Time employee visible only.

@ClaudiaO I suspected that, but than I don't understand what you mean by "make an Excel document FTE only". Do you perhaps want to calculate FTE?

@ClaudiaO 

Full-Time employee visible only.

Presumably meaning only the records of FTE are visible to you, the user. Said another way, FILTER out part-time, temp, etc?

If you are using the most recent release of Excel, there's a function called FILTER that could do it, "it" being to display only the FTE records.

Here's a resource that could help you write the formula using FILTER in your own case. https://exceljet.net/excel-functions/excel-filter-function

Or you could post a copy of your actual sheet (or a sample of it) just being sure to remove any real info of real employee names or other identifiable data elements (SSN, address, phone #, etc).

@ClaudiaO 

Of course, another way, if the Excel data comes from an outside source, would be to alter the process by which you extract the data in the first place.

[I'm retired now, but in my working career was the director of the HR/Payroll database for a major corporation, so I've worked with exactly this kind of situation many times. And am aware of the many wrinkles in using Excel to analyze HR/Payroll data.]