Excel doc very slow

Copper Contributor

Hey everyone,

I'm having a problem with a few excel docs. I had a ton of connections in "query & connections" tab and it was making it so slow, so i decided to delete all of em via VBA using a code. It worked but my doc still very slow. What possible issue can it be?

Thank you all

7 Replies
What is slow, calculation? Look for functions like:
SUMIFS
VLOOKUP
MATCH
SUMPRODUCT
and for array formulas
Those types of functions are reknown for taking a lot of time to calculate
Everything seems to be slow, like when i'm opening the doc, or trying to type something into a label, also trying to click on the tabs... everything...

Also, i'll take a look on these functions

Most likely there are many objects on the sheet. Press F5, click special and choose Objects. Does it find anything? If so, hit del key to delete them and see if performance improves. You may want to do this on a copy though.

I did it but it didn't find any objects and it does still very slow :/... Is there any other possible reason why this is working so slow?

Also the computer that i'm using is an i5/ 16GB RAM, so i'm pretty sure that i have a pc good enough to run excel

Thank you again for replying
If you wish I can take a quick look at yor file, see if I can find out why it is slow?
I dont think it's possible, there are confidential informations in it, but i appreciate your help so much :)
Can't you remove the sensitive information and send that sanitized version to me?