Excel Defaulting to Double Sided Printing

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am having an issue where Excel keeps automatically selecting "Print Double Sided" when printing a long spreadsheet. I have changed the settings in my printer driver to turn off double-sided printing, but Excel continues to select "Print Double Sided" automatically. Microsoft Word is not having the same problem, even with long documents on Word it still selects "Print Single Sided" automatically. I have elderly volunteers that print this spreadsheet on Excel regularly, and they have a difficult time remembering to select that drop down menu and change it to single-sided. Is there a way to change what Excel automatically selects? I spent an hour on a chat with a Microsoft agent and he wasn't able to fix it, so he sent me here.

3 Replies
I'd suggest taking a look at the printer settings. I know that many printer drivers let you set default settings like Color/BW, Landscape/Portrait, and Single/Double sided.

@davheili 

Thank you for responding, as I mentioned in my post though I have already changed all the printer settings to having double-sided print turned off.

Could you please let us know the OS version, Excel version (O365? other?) and printer make and model? Are you using the default printer driver installed by windows or did you install the printer specific drivers?