excel data type stock and geography are not appearing under data head

Copper Contributor

excel data type stock and geography are not appearing under data head after updating office 2019Portfolio.xlsx - Excel 22-05-2021 04_24_53 PM.pngPortfolio.xlsx - Excel 22-05-2021 04_27_47 PM.png

5 Replies

@shubhamjangid 

It is available only for the subscription model (Office 365) Excel data types: Stocks and geography - Office Support (microsoft.com)

Excel 2019 is not updated with new functionality, you need to wait for coming Excel 2021 and purchase the upgrade. But Excel 2021 also will be with "fixed" functionality till next Excel 2023 or so.

If you'd like to have latest Excel functionality it's better to shift on subscription model.

@Sergei Baklan 

but before updating, I was using that stock feature continuously for 5-6 days after purchasing office 2019

@shubhamjangid 

Sorry, I have no idea. Officially data types are not supported for 2019.

It is not in my Excel 2021 version. I customized the ribbon to add a new group Data Types but the choice is grayed / unavailable. Wonder if I need to turn on something but can't find what.

The data type I want is stock prices. Interestingly, Google includes the function GOOGLEFINANCE() in GoogleSheets which is free.   Unfortunately, I know Excel and not sure I want to learn Sheets.

Hi - I have a microsoft 365 subscription and yet I am unable to see data types under the data tab. Can someone help please?

Please see attached images for the data tab and the excel version number. 

Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 11.53.10 AM.pngScreenshot 2022-06-01 at 11.52.50 AM.png