Excel crashing?

Copper Contributor

Hello Community,

So, my user is running into an issue with her Excel spreadsheets. She will open up spreadsheets and leave them open while she goes to meetings or does other tasks, when she comes back to her computer 1 of 2 things will happen. Her Excel documents will basically crash and open the "Document Recovery" pane or the Excel sheet will appear blank and in the "Formula Bar" it will be a long black streaked line (I have a screenshot but can't attach it.). I was wondering if anyone has ran into the issue or could possibly help me with a solution. 

EDIT: This can happen when she leaves for any amount of time. She could be gone 10 minutes and the issue might occur or she could be gone for a day and the issue occur, like I said their was also 1 time it happened while she was on the PC.

Double EDIT: Yesterday I tried updating everything and she thought it was working. She said when she came back she got an error "Not enough system resources to Display (she forgot the rest.). She went from her PC to another PC for 5 minutes and this happened. Maybe this could help narrow down the issue, I just don't understand how she could be running out of system resources with a new better machine, maybe it's a false error?

I've tried the following things.

1. O365 Quick Repair.

2. O365 Online Repair.

3. Apply all Microsoft PC updates.

Her old computer with only 16 GB of ram that was running for YEARS had no issue. I replaced her PC a couple months ago and this started happening about a month ago so it was good for about a month. Her PC now has 32 GB of ram, faster processor, GPU, CPU and all in-between so I'm not completely sure why this issue would be occurring on a supremely better PC, any advice would be appreciated :)!

Jason

0 Replies