Excel corrupted file

Copper Contributor

Hello!

I tried to use one of my excel files, but it gave me an error 0x80070570. So I decided to try Windows built in fault controll for my harddrive and then it

6 Replies

@markkusv 

You can do that

If the error 0x80070570 is displayed under Windows, there is usually a problem with a USB stick or an external hard drive. In this practical tip, we will show you how to eliminate the error.

The 0x80070570 error occurs frequently when you pull the USB stick out of the computer while it is still being accessed. To avoid the occurrence of the error in the future, you can safely remove your hardware:

1. Simultaneously press the [Windows] and [E] keys so that the Explorer opens.
  2. Switch to the "This PC" category on the left and you will find the USB stick or external hard drive there.
  3. Right-click the device and select "Properties".
  4. Switch to the "Tools" tab at the top and click the "Check" button when checking for errors.
  5. The process is started via the "Scan and repair drive" option.
  6. Once the check is completed, the error 0x80070570 should no longer occur.

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Thank you for your answer!
I did that and the file is now gone, it like deleted it :\
If it doesn't erase, rename it. Example from xls to .txt and then delete.
Should actually work if you just want to delete.
I need that file.
I did the "scan and repair drive" and after that the corrupted file was gone, but I had valuable information on the Excel file.
But sorry for the translation and my amateurish reading of the text.
I understood that you can not delete the file, but it is about the opposite.
But it would be an advantage if you insert the file to see how and what is damaged.
So from a distance it is difficult for me to give exact steps, because I don't know what the problem could be.

Thank you for your patience and understanding

Nikolino
I found this content useful and fixed the error: https://www.lifewire.com/fix-error-0x80070570-4687271