Excel_copy_paste_date

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I have a specific column with date format of "yyyy-mm-dd" but when someone does copy-paste my format changes. Actually when double click to that cell it convert to what I specified but if I don't click it stay wrong. For example 2020-9-13 when some copy and paste this to my date column it stay like 2020-9-13. But when I double click on that cell it automatically changes to 2020-09-13. But as the data is big and I don't want to touch data I want these changes automatically when someone does copy-paste or don't accept data like 2020-9-13. Could you please help? Thank you :)

and I tried all the fields with format cell and data validation.

1 Reply

@tahirmammadov1510 

Most likely this is about mac and excel for mac.

Menu Tools - Options - Calculation and there is a tick next to the 1904 date values.

I would definitely forego this option if it were possible. But that's just my humble opinion.

. It can help us all if you upload an Excel file (without sensitive data), no picture. Even if it is said that a picture can say a thousand words, it is certainly not in the case of Excel, on the contrary in some cases. This would also be a blessing for all of us, as we can understand the problem much better, a win-win situation for everyone.

* Knowing the Excel version and operating system would also be an advantage.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hope I was able to help you.

I would appreciate about a feedback.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.