Excel Comments - All reviewer names changed to Author

Copper Contributor

My users are collaborating on an Excel workbook.
All the names of the Reviewers were changed to Author, which makes it hard for them to collaborate.

To overnight the names, users would have to change them via >Info>Inspect document.
What else could have caused the Comments Reviewer name to be replaced with Author?

2 Replies

@AlbertSP 

Remove hidden data and personal information by inspecting documents, presentations, or workbooks

When you share an electronic copy of an Excel workbook, make sure that you review the workbook for hidden data or personal information that might be stored in the workbook itself or its document properties (metadata).

The Document Inspector in Excel can help you find and remove hidden data and personal information in your workbooks.

Note: Although you can remove hidden data and personal information from workbooks you have sent to other people, if the Excel workbook has been saved as a Shared Workbook, you can't remove comments, annotations, document properties, and personal information. To remove this information from a shared workbook, first copy and turn off the Shared Workbook feature.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

My question is what could cause the names of the users who made the comment to be changed to Author? The users didn't do any changes via the file inspect element.