Excel Combo Box edit Data range dont save?

Copper Contributor

Hello my dear friends

Anyone here familiar with Combo Boxes in Excel and could give a hint or two to why I cant edit the data range of the drop down list I created with my Combo box?

So here is the scenario. I made a excel to keep track of my services in a game, so I could track what I am doing and what I get from it and how much. When I first made it I found a guide how to make a interactive dropdown Combo Box - So I followed it, at some point I realized I didnt need ALL of the functions so I stopped and had a fully working drop down list.

Now, 2 months later, I want to add 3 new items to my drop down list, but it dont want to make the list "longer". So if I edit the items on the original range, they will change in the drop down list, but if i want to add more items, it just dont see them. (As they fall outside the original range)

I have been trying to force it to see the new longer range, edit how many lines it shows, ect but it just 'dont save it'? I managed to edit how many it shows, and it would take the new info, but when I tried to tell it the new range it just went back to previous range after I closed the window.

This is my combo box:

Dejna_0-1611016042133.png

This is the data on a separate page:

Dejna_1-1611016062797.png

Here is the data range in the Settings:

Dejna_2-1611016154106.png

And this is the settings I am adding that it just dont seem to like: (note only changed the last number from (1)2 to (1)5).

Dejna_3-1611016179012.png

After exiting the Designmode, it works and shows everything - but the moment I click somewhere else and go back to the same cell it just go back to the old range...

Dejna_4-1611016445617.png

I am all out of ideas why it would behave like this :\ Anyone has seen this before? Know something I missed? Thank you in advance :)

0 Replies