Excel - Colour Formatting Cells

Copper Contributor

Morning World

Im trying to set up an excel sheet to determine when productions are to happen and using colour to identify when stock levels reach a low point that a new production is required. Ideally I want to use 3 month or 6 months average sales to determine the colour change, Im sure this can be done just beyond my ability and knowledge. 

So I have 1 row for actual sales for months past, then forecast sales for the months after (these are just current averages at the moment), then the next row is productions that can be programmed and finally the stock on hand as a calculation of previous months stock, less sales plus productions.

I would really appreciate any help on this. Ideally want to get a good soft colour change to see where stock levels are within 3 months of running out based on average sales, if possible.

2 Replies

@falconfiasco 

It would be helpful if you included a file (with no sensitive data). so you could get help faster and some in this community could offer you the best possible solution.
So you could also see the macro, whether the error can be found there, for example.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@falconfiasco 

Enclosed the example in your file, as well as instructions for conditional formatting.

Use conditional formatting to highlight information

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/use-conditional-formatting-to-highlight-information-fed60...

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.