EXCEL CHANGES DATA AFTER SCENARIO IS SHOWN

Copper Contributor

Hello readers!

Microsoft Excel changes the data on one's spreadsheet permanently after one creates a scenario and shows it. How can the spreadsheet not be changed permanently after showing a scenario?

I am currently using Microsoft Excel 2010 to learn Excel (using a teaching facility computer): help would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,

5 Replies

V.K.,

maybe your spreadsheet uses RAND() or RANDBETWEEN() in formulas.

It would be helpful if you elaborated to this individual who is nowhere need an expert when it comes to computing - what is RAND() or RANDBETWEEN() ?

V.K.,

if your knowledge is that less it would be wise to consult a tutor who teaches you face to face.

RAND()

RANDBETWEEN()

Hello Detlef Lewin

After finding out what RAND() and RANDBETWEEN() was, I can confirm no such function was used: I did not ask my initial question out of wanting attention.

I hope you leave conversation threads of people you assume are wanting attention.

I realise this is an old thread but ...

Are you using the Excel built in Scenario Manager?

Just a thought: what did you expect Excel to do after you had created a scenario?

Secondly, are you aware that you can select each an every scenario you create so that you can go back to your original data at any time. Or you can stay with the scenario that you prefer. In case you don't know, do this:

Data tab

What if Analysis in Forecast

Scenario Manager

Under the heading Scenarios: you will see the names of the scenarios you have created, click the name of the one you want to put back into memory then click Show at the bottom ...

All of your data in your scenario model will now be changed to your newly chosen scenario!