Excel changes column width (pixels) from computer to computer

Copper Contributor

Hello all, I have been researching this topic for close to a week and have found no viable solutions. I have created a document that has a cell width of 4 (33 pixels) on my computer. The problem is when I send it to my co-workers their computers change the column width to 4 (37 pixels). This specific changes is messing up the print area for the entire document.

When I set up the print area to be columns A through U, on my computer, it prints the document onto one page, but on the other computer it will only print columns A through S. The only difference between the two excel documents seems to be the pixel difference. If anyone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated.

I have already tried the scale to fit, and that also scales the row height which i can not do as there are multiple pages per sheet. I am at a loss here. Please help! 

1 Reply
Excel scales the document for print, depending on make and model of your printer and on the printer's settings. You'll have to cater for possible differences by testing your worksheet's print settings on various computers with various printers. I'd start with the computer which seems to print the least # of rows and columns per sheet of paper. Adjust print settings for that printer and then test the same settings on your own computer.