Excel - certain formatting slow on Mac

Copper Contributor

Hi all, I recently got a new macbook, beofre that i used windows PC and suffered severe hanging and bombing out with excel and the mahcine in general. Now there is stablity, which is great but recently the excel file I use started taking several minutes to do simple things, speciifcally inserting columns and rows, and moving cells.  Please can anyone assist? 

6 Replies

@Friese53 Does the file, by any chance, contain a large number of conditional formatting rules, INDIRECT or OFFSET functions? Or perhaps lookup functions that refer to entire columns or rows?

@Riny_van_Eekelen thnask for the reply, yes it has quite a a few conditional formatting rules. However the real slow down happened recently, after a few weeks of havign already migrated across to using the Mac. So I thought it was somethign funny going on.   I rely on the conditional formatting to make the sheet more readable.

@Friese53 

Side effect could be if you shifted from Excel which doesn't support dynamic arrays on one which supports. But without the file it's hard to be more concrete.

thanks for the reply - is there a simple way for me to check this?

@Friese53 

That's only to check your formulas if something suspicious. Sorry, I'm not on Mac and don't know any tools like Inquire exist for it.

My excel file is not able find the records I have before with my macro. It worked before. What changed.