Excel cell Borders will not print despite showing correctly on print preview

Copper Contributor

Using excel office 365. Cell borders appear on spreadsheet correctly and appear on print preview but stubbornly refuse to appear on the printed page itself. Please help. 

5 Replies

@8_Arethusa_61180 

You have probably also activated the entry "Draft Quality" in the "File, Page Setup, Table" menu.

In this mode, Excel suppresses the grid lines and only provides the printer with the cell entries. Uncheck "Draft Quality" and you'll get the table as you want it.

Which OS (operating system) is it?
if it is a mac, here additional information

Add, change, or remove cell borders in Excel for Mac

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-change-or-remove-cell-borders-in-excel-for-mac-319391...

I hope in the end that my written translation into English is correct:).

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

@8_Arethusa_61180 

If not draft mode please check as well printer driver settings

January 27, 2023: I recently experienced this problem of Excel cell borders showing on print preview, BUT NOT PRINTING. After a number of hours and several customer service contacts, we discovered that I had changed my THEME in Settings > Personalization. When that setting was changed back to the default, it was a miracle . . . Excel cell borders are now printing!! Hard to explain, but somehow the THEME that I picked had a negative effect on Excel cell borders. I have Microsoft 365 family and Windows 11. Hope this helps save time for anyone dealing with this issue. 

email address removed for privacy reasons

I was able to get the borders to print by resetting the print area. The borders that were not printing in my case were just at the edge of the print area. The cell content was being printed but not the border line. Once I've reset the print area, the border showed up.