SOLVED

Excel Cell Borders alignment

Copper Contributor

My spreadsheet has borders around the cells but when I format the text orientation to diagonal the vertical borders also show diagonal and the whole cell crosses over into the next cell. How do I keep the vertical borders vertical and not diagonal. This never used to happen in older versions of excel.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by DeanBronco (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@DeanBronco Some research on the web tells me that this already happened in Excel 2003. I guess it is to be considered a feature of working with borders. I found two-work arounds on-line in very old articles but neither of them can be considered "good practice". Attached a file with the work-arounds applied. Alternatively, reconsider the use of angled texts with borders.

Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 08.19.48.png

Thanks @Riny_van_Eekelen 

I appreciate you looking into this for me.

I think for what I want your option 3 using merged cells works best for what I want.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DeanBronco (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@DeanBronco Some research on the web tells me that this already happened in Excel 2003. I guess it is to be considered a feature of working with borders. I found two-work arounds on-line in very old articles but neither of them can be considered "good practice". Attached a file with the work-arounds applied. Alternatively, reconsider the use of angled texts with borders.

Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 08.19.48.png

View solution in original post