excel calendar drop down in column

Copper Contributor

how to I add a calendar drop down in a column?

5 Replies

@KShaff1991 

I'm guessing at one possible meaning behind your question. You'll find that solution in the attached spreadsheet. If that's not what you had in mind, please come back with a more complete description.

This one assumes that you have in minds some sort of monthly deadlines, or monthly meetings....and those dates are known.... So the drop down goes from a list of those known dates. It looks like this:

mathetes_0-1655995588450.png

actually, I just want a generic calendar that someone can pick a date they are entering data on a SS
Unfortunately, the data validation doesn't have that capability at present. You can specify start and end dates, but beyond that, they're on their own in terms of knowing where in the week a given date might fall (which would be part of the advantage of seeing a "generic calendar."
thank you for the follow up information

@KShaff1991 

IF you are working in fact with a limited set of dates, say for the next two months, and workdays only (or weekends only)...I've created a fancier version of the drop down that includes the day of the week as well as the date.  It now looks like this:

mathetes_0-1655997783335.png