SOLVED

Excel Calculation

Copper Contributor

Hello, can you please help me.

I'm very new to Excel and want to make a job given to me much easier and quicker.

If you see below, I have someone working on several sites, I have added up the total of hours for the week and have been given the total NIC. I need to find the total NIC per site using the info I have been given. Attached is how they do things on paper.

Without repeating the formula on each line can I get excel to look at the information and fill in the answer 16/24x6in the box marked ?????) Thank you in advance.

PS Sorry if this post is duplicated. 

4 Replies

@AlisonAMK 

If you have Microsoft 365 or Office 2021, enter the following formula in G3:

=B3:B4/E3*F3

It will automatically "spill" to G4 too. If you have an older version, enter this in G3:

=B2/E$3*F$3.

With G3 selected, drag the fill handle (the little square in the lower right corner of the cell) down to G4.

Thank you, that's very clever.

Can you also help me to add the total hours as in E3, sometimes there is more than just two sites would be really useful if it can total the hours too... not that I'm lazy or anything!
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@AlisonAMK 

You can simply use a formula such as =SUM(B3:B200)

Sum ignores empty cells, so it doesn't matter if only a few of the cells in B3:B200 are filled.

Thank you so much, you have been really helpful today.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@AlisonAMK 

You can simply use a formula such as =SUM(B3:B200)

Sum ignores empty cells, so it doesn't matter if only a few of the cells in B3:B200 are filled.

View solution in original post