Excel boundaries issue

Copper Contributor

As you see, the boundaries of the shape make it impossible to get onto the top.As you see, the boundaries of the shape make it impossible to get onto the top.

3 Replies

That is because you took a 1/2 circle and rotated it. It is NOT an excel issue per se. You can easily expand the boundary or insert and object like "partial circle", "chord", or "arc" all of which will allow you adjust the portion of the circle you want (i.e. the 1/2 circle in the upper left) and NOT rotate the whole object and hence the container box will not be rotated like that. Here is a screenshot of me inserting each of those options:

mtarler_0-1661523748394.png

I have build 2207, which might be an earlier or later version of yours, which might explain why I can't expand the boundary or adjust the proportion of the circle I want.
I don't think it is a version. I can't control the boundaries of objects either. The only boundary I was suggesting was the page boundary. As for the objects, I don't know where that 1/2 circle came from and my suggestion was to make a 1/2 circle using one of the tools built in but make it with the circle already at the correct angle.