Excel borderless

Copper Contributor
Spoiler

Hi I am having a problem with trying to format my Excel document so that it is borderless. I have a document in Word that I am converting into Excel so that I can use the formulas functionality within Excel to make the process quicker.

The issue I am having though is that I need a photo/border down the left hand side of the page that needs to go right up to the edge of the page (see job breakdown tab). I have changed all the margins down to "0" but there is still a preset for a small white border to go right around the page. Now I have found a workaround online if I wanted to print the page (resizing the printer properties to a letter size 11 x 8.5) but I need to save the document as a PDF to then send out to customers as it is a quotations document.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

As a secondary issue (which I should be able to sort myself if I can get a resolution to the first one) I have an image on the front cover tab that I want to be right up to the right hand side of the page (with some of the image cut off) I know I can crop the image so it is only the bit that I need but I still have the issue with the default white border around the page with margins set to "0".

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I have spent a couple of hours looking for a workaround.

Thanks.

3 Replies
I'm afraid this is someting that simply cannot be done. Excel isn't a good tool for formatting for print. I would advise to stay with Word and embed the Excel objects you need in that document as a linked Excel file.

@Jan Karel Pieterse Hi thanks for the message. Is there a way to link certain lines in a word document to pull through quotation values then? So if the word doc is the quote document but needs the price pulling through from an excel document that the price was built within?

Yes you can do that. The easiest method is to copy the cell(s) from the Excel file, then open the Word document, click where you need that information and click Paste Special and select the "Paste link" option and then experiment which paste format works best for you.