SOLVED

Excel blinking cell

Bronze Contributor

wouldn't it be nice - if in the CONDITIONAL FORMATTING (IN EXCEL) there is a provision to blink a cell content whenever required (based on cell condition) rather than to make a program for it??   HOW HARD COULD IT BE??

34 Replies

@Jamil Mohammad wrote:

the blinking cell is possible but not without use of Macros.

hi,

hope you are doing great.

i tried below stated macros. but i am still stuck.

is there anyway i can put a conditional blinking for a column if the cell value says "no" then it should blink indefinitely and jsut for your info the column works on a formula. like if the validity has expired it will say "NO" in that particular cell.

Hi Shaker,

please see attached.

if you put in any cell in column A  word no or result of formula. it will start flashing.

Hi Jamil, I

I would like specific cells in my excel document to flash. 

how can I achieve this. For eg; I have noted down an important bug details which I need to flash whenever I open that sheet. 

Any help will be appreciated. 

@shaker47455   please see attached example.

I agree about the blinking cell built into Conditional formatting. MS is so close to doing this, under the Fill button there is an effects button as well where you can have one or two colors. It would be nice if MS included in this area a Blink/Flashing button/command allowing users to choose colors, time of flashing, number of times something blinked.

These are my thoughts on this subject.

@Jamil Mohammad This has been helpful, but I would like to expand on that. In the attached excel file you will see that 'B5' text is flashing'.

1) How do I get the background flashing as well?

2) How do I get it to stop flashing by inputting 'YES' into cell 'A5'?

Thank you!

@RenasRS 

I did not see any code in the file you shared. can you share the file with the code, so that I can modify it as per your need.

@Jamil Mohammad 

merhaba, bunu da deneyebilirsiniz!

Ekran görüntüsü 2021-01-17 115308.png

Hi sorry about that. Attached. Thank you
Hi Jamil. Was the file ok this time? Please advise. Thank you!

@RenasRS 

Plz see attached.

Dear brother Jamil
I am trying to do the blinking cell for three conditions, If "On Duty" then "GREEN", If "On Leave" then "RED", If "On Waiting List" then "YELLOW" color. How to do it. I did my best and am getting error! Plz advise.. Many thanks sir
Thank you!
Hi Jamil.
I also want to be able to blink a cell if a condition is met. I have opened you .xlsm file but nothing is blinking no matter what I enter wherever - does it still work or do I have to do more than just open the file?
Thanks