SOLVED

excel barchart

Copper Contributor

this is the information i need to fixthis is the information i need to fixthe barchart  does not show the information in the workbook as displayed 

instead shows me something different

4 Replies

@CLOUD_xander 

The source range for the chart is not correct. For one thing, it looks like you included the COLUMN TOTAL and GRAND TOTAL rows, as well as the TOTAL(PERIOD) column. Those should not be included.

And the year column is part of the data, instead of providing the x-axis values.

You can explicitly edit all this by clicking anywhere in the chart, then clicking Select Data on the Chart Design tab of the ribbon.

If you find that difficult, could you attach a sample workbook (without sensitive data), or if that is not possible, make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar? Alternatively, you can attach it to a private message to me. Thanks in advance.

best response confirmed by CLOUD_xander (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@CLOUD_xander 

I have attached a workbook with two versions of a column chart. See if one of them does what you want.

I changed the layout of the worksheet to work better for charts, mainly by doing away with the merged cells - they wreak havoc with many features of Excel.

THX FOR YOUR HELP
WE SHOULD CHAT SOME MORE
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by CLOUD_xander (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@CLOUD_xander 

I have attached a workbook with two versions of a column chart. See if one of them does what you want.

I changed the layout of the worksheet to work better for charts, mainly by doing away with the merged cells - they wreak havoc with many features of Excel.

View solution in original post