Excel Autosave

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have a large workbook and each time the users (up-to 15 simultaneous users) move the cursor from cell to cell a recalc is performed to refresh (header) dates displayed in a sheet.  With so many users moving around the workbook, there is latency due to all of the "Autosaves" that are initiated.  Hence, I want to reduce the number of autosaves.

When the Change event occurs autosave should be initiated.  

If I disable Autosave in the SelectionChange event, which is where the header date is calculated, and other users change a cell's value, will this prevent the data other users entered from appearing in my workbook?  Do I have any chance of losing data by disabling Autosave for a fraction of a second?

Thanks!

David Epstein

3 Replies

@davidepstein22 

Welcome to your Excel discussion space!

If you’re looking to ask a question or start a conversation about Excel, you’re in the right place!  Ask away.

Please include the following info to help others answer your question:

Once you got a good answer to your question, please accept it as solution to help others looking for answer to the same/similar question.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

Windows Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043

Excel - Microsoft Apps for Enterprise MSO 16.0.313801.20442 (32-bit)

The file is saved in OneDrive / SharePoint.  

I do not believe I need to upload a copy of the file, as my question is straightforward.  

Appreciate your help,

Dave

@davidepstein22 

I am certainly not the most suitable in this area to help you, my knowledge in this area is very limited. However, with your permission, I will send you some information on this subject with possible approaches.

What IT administrators should know about AutoSave

AutoSave can be configured the following ways: for more Informations click on the Microsoft Link.

What is AutoSave?

Here are some frequently asked questions about it.

Hope I was able to help you with this information.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here