SOLVED

Excel Attendance Formula Help: Sum of attendance points for all dates w/in 6 months of infraction

Copper Contributor

I need a formula to add sum of all points from f column.  1 constraint are Points dropping off after 6 months (180 days plus 1 inclusive date) from start date, and if points are within the TODAY date, points will be added to sum total.   

On the same sheet "Attendance Tracker" I added a segment to pull an employee/associate/EE (I2) and Total Points (k2), and attempted to add a SUMIF formula but it error outs.  I appreciate some guidance and assistance.  

And then I'll need the points to pop up when I pull the associate/employee/EE in the drop box in I2.   

CBHRBP_0-1647405782590.png

4 Replies

Hi @CBHRBP 

you could try it with this formula:

DTE_0-1647415771819.png

=SUMIFS(F2:F7;A2:A7;I1;C2:C7;">="&TODAY()-181)

@Martin_Weiss 

TY.   I got an error I tried the formula but noticed it was in the wrong cell/s so I modified but either didn't work.   Error came up.  

CBHRBP_0-1647435763675.png

I really appreciate you!

best response confirmed by CBHRBP (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi@CBHRBP 

depending on your local settings, it might be that you need to replace the ; with , in the formula.

So instead of 

it might be

=SUMIFS(F2:F7,A2:A7,I1,C2:C7,">="&TODAY()-181)

The other thing is, that you need to adjust the cell references to the real situation in your worksheet. When I look at your screenshot, it should be 

=SUMIFS(F4:F10,A4:A10,I2,C4:C10,">="&TODAY()-181)

@Martin_Weiss you Sir are a true wizard and brilliant! Thank you tremendously!!!!!!! Thank you is an understatement!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by CBHRBP (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi@CBHRBP 

depending on your local settings, it might be that you need to replace the ; with , in the formula.

So instead of 

it might be

=SUMIFS(F2:F7,A2:A7,I1,C2:C7,">="&TODAY()-181)

The other thing is, that you need to adjust the cell references to the real situation in your worksheet. When I look at your screenshot, it should be 

=SUMIFS(F4:F10,A4:A10,I2,C4:C10,">="&TODAY()-181)

View solution in original post