Excel Add-In - Visio Data Visualiser - Sign in issue

Copper Contributor

I am new to the community so apologies in advance.

Having watched a training video on the Visio data visualiser add-in for excel I thought I would insert it as an add-in so I can utilise the dynamic flowchart or organisation chart function.

I have an annual Office 365 subscription and use a Macbook pro.

I installed the add-in without issue. I was then prompted to sign in and got the following error message (I have changed my sign in reference obviously)

AADSTS50020: User account 'abc@abc.com' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'MS Public Cloud' and cannot access the application '8b130092-2f3b-4495-81d0-a94e9598eb21'(Visio Data Visualizer) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account.

I made contact with 'support' via the online chat and was palmed off to a commercial link where I would be required to pay $499 for a one-off support solution.

I went back to the online chat and went around in circles until I was pointed to this community.

Has anyone else had the same issue and managed to resolve it?

Are there any Microsoft support here who are able to help me resolve the matter?

Thank you in advance

1 Reply
Same here and still no solution... sad...