Excel 365 - Header, Footer, and Print area

Copper Contributor

I have an Excel workbook with 20 tabs.  

Each tab has a different header except the date after the description of the particular sheet.

I need every sheet to have a footer with a page number starting with page 2, being numbered 2.

The issues - When I group all the sheets and change the Headers date - all of them will change at one time (which is good).

However, It makes all the footer numbers to be whatever page I am on, that number.  In addition, it changes the print setup.

I have tried to go in and change the header and footer all at one time, but then when I get to the footer it will delete the header.  

IT's driving me insane.  I am not a novice...but just can't figure this out.

6 Replies

@kitty2040 

Run this macro:

Sub SetPageNumbers()
    Dim wsh As Worksheet
    Application.PrintCommunication = False
    For Each wsh In Worksheets
        With wsh.PageSetup
            .FirstPageNumber = 2
            .CenterFooter = "&P"
        End With
    Next wsh
    Application.PrintCommunication = True
End Sub

@Hans Vogelaar 

Thank you, but that did not work.

@kitty2040 

In what way did it fail?

There is only one page per each tab (20 tabs) The code you gave me is not keeping the Print area that I had set up for each tab. Since it now has a different print area per tab, it is causing each tab to have multiple sheets and creating a number for those sheets.

Plus it removed my customized header on all the sheets. I have a different header on every tab, and only the date needs changing every month.

@kitty2040 

Make sure that you haven't selected multiple sheets when you run the macro.

I have tested the macro; it does not change the page headers of the individual sheets, nor the print area.

It only sets the page number in the page footer.

@Hans Vogelaar 

I got it to work.

Thank you for your help