SOLVED

Excel 365 for Mac - is Power Query available?

Copper Contributor

Good morning,

I need to merge spreadsheets that contain a unique identifier column.  Each spreadsheet contains student names and student ID, but each spreadsheet contains results from different tests,  I would like to combine them using the unique identifier column so that I can see all of each student's test scores in one spreadsheet.

I tried to download Power Query, however it doesn't seem to open on a Mac.  Any suggestions?  Is there a Power Query for Mac?  I am running macOS 10.14.6.

5 Replies
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@LouiseMc1952 PQ is in its infant stage in Excel for the Mac. You can refresh certain existing queries that where made on Excel for Windows. Nowadays, you can also import data from another workbook and from TXT/CSV files, but you can not write new or edit existing queries. So, I would say no! PQ isn't really available on the Mac. You'd need to set-up a virtual machine on your Mac with W10 and Excel.

Thank you for your fast reply. I appreciate it. I was having difficulty finding a direct answer.

@Herbert_Seidenberg 

Thank your your suggestion.  I will certainly study this to see if it will work for my needs.  I appreciate the help.

Thank you very much. I appreciate your help. I will try this.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@LouiseMc1952 PQ is in its infant stage in Excel for the Mac. You can refresh certain existing queries that where made on Excel for Windows. Nowadays, you can also import data from another workbook and from TXT/CSV files, but you can not write new or edit existing queries. So, I would say no! PQ isn't really available on the Mac. You'd need to set-up a virtual machine on your Mac with W10 and Excel.

View solution in original post