Excel 365 - Can´t active the analysis function in order to use the Fast Fourier Transform

Copper Contributor

Hello,

our company switch for Office 2016 to Office 365. After the update the Excle analysis functions are not useable anymore. The function ist not display on the "Data" menu anymore.

I already checked the following steps:

Step_1

Excel_365_Step_1.jpg

Step_2: Insert the analyses function (includes the Fast Frourier Transformation)

Excel_365_Step_2.jpg

But the analysis function are not displayed within the Data menu.... where ist should displayed normaly ... -:(

Excel_365_Step_3.jpg

Do anybody know .. what is wrong in configuration? Have anybody an idea what steps will solve the problem?

Best regards Thomas

3 Replies

@ToJoWie 

You can access the analysis tools by clicking on the Data tab and then clicking on Data Analysis in the Analysis group. 

If the Data Analysis command is not available, you may need to load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

There is a thread on the Microsoft community forum where a user had a similar issue with the Fast Fourier Transform in Excel 365. 

The user was able to resolve the issue by following the steps mentioned in the thread.

You can try following the steps mentioned in the thread to see if it resolves your issue.

I hope this helps! :) ...if not, please ignore it.

*Information and formulas without guarantee.

@NikolinoDE 

Hello Nikolino

many thanks for your reply.

I did already the described steps for loading and activating as described in the displayed screen shots above.

I did the following steps

Loading the toolpack

ToJoWie_0-1679309681501.jpeg

Activating the "Analysis Functions"

ToJoWie_1-1679309710189.jpeg

.... No positive result ... The menu group is still missing...

ToJoWie_2-1679309734108.jpeg

Any further proposal for solving this problem?

Is there any further lib for 64bit needed?

Information: Excel 2016 at my installation point was 32bit noch Excel 365 is an 64bit application.

Do you have any further ideas?

Best regards Thomas

@ToJoWie 

Does the problem only occur on one computer or does it also affect other computers?

it may also help to deactivate the protected views... (has helped a few times already)

Click the File tab.

Under Help, click Options.

Click Security Center, and then click Security Crust Center Settings.

In the Security Center, click Protected View

It may also help to remove the add-in and install again.

With my add-in, which I test from time to time -> I check the add-in.

Then move the file (*.xla/*.xlam)

Restart Excel -> then everything in the add-in catalog should be removed and integrate it again.

If none of that works, I'll be at my wits end.

The only thing I can recommend is to go through the basics again.

See link.