SOLVED

Excel 2020 configuration

Copper Contributor

my excel changed the " ; " as the information divider inside a formula to "," . How can I change it back to " ; " [ Example: From =IF(logical_test,True_Value,False_Value) to =IF(logical_test;True_Value;False_Value) ]

2 Replies
best response confirmed by JVitor1180 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@JVitor1180 

There are two settings that influence this:

1. The regional settings in Windows. The list separator is the item you need to inspect.
  2. In Excel, select File > Options > Advanced. In the 'Editing options' section, inspect 'Use system separators'. If this is off, Excel uses the Windows settings. If it is on, Excel uses the setting in the boxes below. If the decimal separator is a comma, formulas will use semicolon ; to separate arguments, and if the decimal separator is a semicolon, formulas will use comma to separate arguments.
thank you, i managed to solve by disabling the second option
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JVitor1180 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@JVitor1180 

There are two settings that influence this:

1. The regional settings in Windows. The list separator is the item you need to inspect.
  2. In Excel, select File > Options > Advanced. In the 'Editing options' section, inspect 'Use system separators'. If this is off, Excel uses the Windows settings. If it is on, Excel uses the setting in the boxes below. If the decimal separator is a comma, formulas will use semicolon ; to separate arguments, and if the decimal separator is a semicolon, formulas will use comma to separate arguments.

View solution in original post