Excel 2019 sheet direction

Copper Contributor

I have an issue when creating new excel files that when I right click a folder > New > Microsoft Excel Worksheet, it opens the new file with the sheet direction from right to left.

However when launching Excel from Start menu and choose New > Blank worksheet, it opens with the sheet direction from left to right.

I'm trying to keep it from left to right.

When looking at Excel Options > Advanced > Display > Default direction, Left-to-Right option is already selected, regardless of how I open the file.

Is there a way to fix that?

Book1 - Excel 8_14_2020 9_05_31 AM.png

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

   

3 Replies

@ahmadsayed 

If it shows wrong despite changing the setting, then it could possibly be due to the installation (without being sure). Had such a prolbem before and did it with repairs from Offce.

Windows Search
Control panel
Programs and Features
Find Office, right click
Office change
Perform repairs
... it takes a little while, then it should be OK with a restart ... as I said, it could be a possibility without guarantee.

If you find this helpful, please mark it as "Best Answer" and as Like (click thumbs up), it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Hi @NikolinoDE 

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I followed your suggestion and found 2 installations of Office, so I chose "change" for both then restarted the PC, but it still behaves the same way.

I thought it might be related to the excel template file, so I located it and viewed it and it shows the direction from left to right.

Is there any suggestion?

@ahmadsayed 

It is possible to run different Office versions directly on one computer. For this parallel operation, IT experts recommend setting up a version on each virtual computer to prevent them from getting in each other's way.
My humble opinion is that you should only have one version of Office to avoid errors.
That does not mean that this is the opinion of Microsoft, I am not a microsoft employee. Try to help on a voluntary basis, as long as microsoft allows it, nothing more and nothing less.

However, you can also change or add languages at the same time through Windows.
Info:
Manage your input and display language settings in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4027670/windows-10-add-and-switch-input-and-display-languag...

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)