EXCEL 2019 GRAPH DOES NOT MATCH PREVIEW SO IT PRINTS OFF THE PAGE

Copper Contributor

I have a simple spreadsheet with two columns of data. I created a chart and when I Print Preview it, it looks great, but when I actually print it (i.e. HP laser printer, HP officejet, Adobe PDF, etc.) it prints out larger than expected and does not fit the page. I attached screen shots of what it looks like.

I am proficient in Excel, so here are things I've tried with no improvement: Increased chart's margins, decreased chart's margins, Cleared print area, Moved the chart to new page, Deleted and recreated the chart, Deselected "Scale content for A4 or 8.5 x 11 paper sizes" setting, Shrunk the actual chart, Tried different printers, etc.

None of it is working. Please help.

Notes: Windows 10 Pro, Excel 2019

Image 1: Printed result. Note it is too big to fit the page (X axis and 2nd Y axis are cut off).

Image 2: Screen Shot of Graph tab in my excel spreadsheet.

Image 3: Screen Shot of the Print Preview. Note it looks right and how it want the actual print to look.

Actual print not fitting page.jpgScreen Shot of Chart tab in Excel.jpgScreen Shot of Print Preview.jpg

1 Reply

@JSta899I have the exact same problem, and have done all the same things as you to try to work it out.  Would love to hear if you found a solution.