Excel 2016 Populating a calendar with multi day events and multiple events per day from data table

Copper Contributor

Hi experts,

I manage multiple calendars for execs and I like to keep their calendars as clear as possible. The issue lies with there being so many All Day events in their outlook that take up their calendar header. I have been manually creating one OOTO all day event that covers a week (Sun to Sat) and adding all of the information from the other events into an excel table in my event and then deleting the others. I am looking for a way to stream line this process. I have learned how to get my execs calendars into excel and I hope to create a weekly calendar in excel that I can cut and paste into my ooto event in place of the manual chart. I hope that is clear. I have attached what I currently create (which is really time consuming), an example of a calendar exported to excel and a template that I found that has potential but I unfortunately do not have the FILTER function nor does it allow for a start date and end date. I also need to be able to have a lot of individual events on each day. Any help would be greatly appreciated I know its a big ask Link to 3 items listed above  

2 Replies
issue lies with there being so many All Day events in their outlook that take up their calendar header.

i can not image your problem.

outlook calendar looks not bad.

@Brittneyblr 

Without FILTER and TEXTJOIN, the method for doing this is with an INDEX-SMALL array such as:

Ctrl+Shift +Enter to define as an array in Excel 2016

=IFERROR(INDEX(Items!$B$1:$B$8,SMALL(IF(Items!$A$1:$A$8=D$2,ROW(Items!$B$1:$B$8)),ROW($A1))),"")

Sample workbook attached.