Excel 2016 - Cannot create a map, only 3D map tours

Deleted
Not applicable

Hello,

I would like to create a map in Excel. I have Excel 2016, and according to the tutorial video online, I should be able to create a map of the US that shows differenct values for different areas. The button should be under "Insert" and in the Charts section, but I'm not seeing the button. All I see is a button that says 3D map, which does not allow me to save a picture of the map. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Klara

8 Replies

Hi Klara,

Maps chart is available for Office 365 subscribers only, is that your case?

Hello,

Yes, I do have an Office 365 subscription.

Klara

Hi,

Could you please confirm that excel 2016 (I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT OFFICE 365) does NOT come with map charts, it ONLY comes with 3D maps ???

AND if that is the case, could you tell if there is a way to solve the problem, so we can get the option to use different 2D charts as well as to use the 3D charts ???

I am not sure why Microsoft would do something so stupid, by eliminating the 2D charts and only leaving available the 3D charts.

Hi,
Could you please confirm that excel 2016 (I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT OFFICE 365) does NOT come with map charts, it ONLY comes with 3D maps ???

AND if that is the case, could you tell if there is a way to solve the problem, so we can get the option to use different 2D charts as well as to use the 3D charts ???

I am not sure why Microsoft would do something so stupid, by eliminating the 2D charts and only leaving available the 3D charts.

Hi Alex,

I'm not working for Microsoft and can't confirm or disconfirm. I only read what Microsoft publishes:

Note: This feature is only available if you have an Office 365 subscription. If you are an Office 365 subscriber, make sure you have the latest version of Office.

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Create-a-Map-Chart-f2cfed55-d622-42cd-8ec9-ec8a358b593b

As for 2D maps you have Maps in PowerView and FlatMode in 3D as an options.

have the same problem. Is this resolved?

Hi,

I was having the same problem in Excel 2016. To convert a 3D view to 2D, you can try: Home ribbon --> Map --> Flat Map. Hope that works!

@TechCommunityAPIAdmin 

@JackieBlue If someone is still facing that problem, for me, I just figured it out.

Click File > Options.

Click Add-ins.

In the Manage box, select COM Add-ins and click Go.

Under Add-ins available, check the Microsoft Power Map for Excel box, and click OK.

If Microsoft Power Map for Excel is already checked, uncheck it and then check it again. After that, close your Excel and open it again. This worked for me.