Excel 1908 causing error in tools using the spreadsheet as an input

Copper Contributor

With version 1908 of excel, errors are occurring in Showcase, Alteryx, IBMi Data Transfer tool and SystemLink uploads when excel is used as an input and has a column of data which begins with zeros (either formatted as general, text or number).  This happens even if the error/warning on the cell/column has been ignored (where a triangle shows in the upper left of the cell).  I also followed methods 2 and 4 on this link to try to resolve this, but still get the same errors in those tools. 

https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/5872-excel-start-number-with-zero.html

Before updating to version 1908, I didn't have this issue with those tools.

2 Replies

Hi @ShellyBowles 

Can you please share the screenshot of the error and what format are trying to upload.

Also please share us the few sample records 

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official/Best Answer to help the other members find it more

Hello, @Faraz Shaikh.  

Thank you for responding.  Interestingly enough, some MS patches were installed on my laptop yesterday.  Since then, two of the errors I experienced have been resolved.  I've asked the IT team for details about which patches were installed, so I can see if that info will help resolve the issue with the other two tools.  I'll provide more details (screenshots, data samples) once I have more info.

Cheers.

Shelly