Excel 16.43 Mac IFS Statement

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Is the option to write an IFS statement only available to 365 subscribers? I just purchased Microsoft Excel 2019 today (one-time purchase) and my IFS statement keeps returning a #NAME? error.

The syntax looks correct, I'm not sure what the problem is. Any thoughts are much appreciated, thank you.

4 Replies

@nandoq711 The Mac help screen says this about IFS

Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 07.24.40.png

Hi @nandoq711 

Unfortunately, there is no way you can get subscription features to the standalone version.

however, you can still us Excel for web which supports subscription Excel function

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official/Best Answer & like it to help the other members find it more.

@nandoq711 

This is not a recommendation because my use of Excel very likely differs from yours.  However, Excel has changed so fundamentally from September 2018 onward with dynamic arrays, and now LET or even LAMDA, that I would not consider it to be the same program (though 365 will run legacy Excel).

If your requirement is for stability and the ability to run existing legacy spreadsheets and you need development to maintain compatibility with older versions, 2019 will do the job.  For me, it would be utterly unsuitable and I would seek to cancel the purchase as unfit for purpose.  It strikes me that now is not the best time to buy a fixed license, especially so as DA missed the cut.

@nandoq711 

IFS() shall be available for Excel 2019. Perhaps #NAME? error due to some other reason, not since IFS() doesn't exist in your environment.

Please try to open attached file with very simple IFS() sample to check if it works or not on your machine.