SOLVED

Examine multiple columns to find missing data

Brass Contributor

We are an organization with just under 200 Windows devices. Auditing the workstations every quarter is a daunting task that takes about 4-5 hours.

We export a list of workstations from our workstation inventory, Cloud consoles, Azure joined/registered, Cloud end-point protection suites, remote support console, etc. These are 5 CSV files which I import and lay out in an Excel spreadsheet and sort them in each column  in alphabetical order; easy.

Is there a way to lay out the sheet so I can see which workstation is missing is not present in a console so I can resolve what ever the issue may be?

Thanks.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by somaji (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@somaji 

I'd do that with Power Query not to import each time csv files and generate reporting tables from scratch. All could done one time, after only place updated csv into the folder and press Refresh.

To show missed items - depends on which Excel version / platform you are and how you'd like to show. For example that could be =IFERROR( FILTER( full list, COUNTIF(target list, full list) = 0 ), "nothing is missed" )

Thanks for the big tip.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by somaji (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@somaji 

I'd do that with Power Query not to import each time csv files and generate reporting tables from scratch. All could done one time, after only place updated csv into the folder and press Refresh.

To show missed items - depends on which Excel version / platform you are and how you'd like to show. For example that could be =IFERROR( FILTER( full list, COUNTIF(target list, full list) = 0 ), "nothing is missed" )

View solution in original post