SOLVED

Every other row is a color that I cannot get rid of & background color will not override it

Copper Contributor

this should be very easy but I'm not seeing it!!  very frustrating!  trying to get rid of the blue shading in every other row.  hitting the "fill" button in a white one creates the yellow highlight.  doing the same in the blue one does nothing.  but if you look at the cell - it tells me it's yellow.  but the blue is set up somewhere else giving it some kind of "priority" or "override" capability! 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Ed_Novy (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Ed_Novy Select the entire sheet. On the Home ribbon, select Conditional Formatting and Clear Rules (from entire sheet). That should do it.

@Riny_van_EekelenThank You VERY MUCH!!!!  I tried that & it worked perfect!  I never saw this before, the boss asked me to try, I did for an hour then gave up & tried this group.  I tried reading the rule language to understand how to do this - not happening any time soon!  Maybe one day but the accounting business has been nuts with SBA loans, etc this past year & it still is.  Your email went to my "Junk" folder, I just found it an hour ago.  Thanks again!!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ed_Novy (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Ed_Novy Select the entire sheet. On the Home ribbon, select Conditional Formatting and Clear Rules (from entire sheet). That should do it.

View solution in original post