Entering an input to create or enter data in graph

Copper Contributor

Hi.

I'd like a little bit of help rn. I'm trying to make a graph or enter datas in graph, just by using an input. for example: I'll enter year 1970, it will (create a new graph and then) display data from january till december in the graph, but I don't know how to do it. If there is somebody who has a link to some video to help my problem or if somebody's here to lead me some way. I'll be grateful. Thanks for your responses. Bye!

4 Replies

@pipicekhih To begin with, you need to have data. It's not possible to just start typing something, and have Excel create a chart for you. There are many resources on-line that explain how you can create charts in Excel. One of them is in the link below. It came up first when I searched for "charting Excel"

https://www.excel-easy.com/data-analysis/charts.html 

@Riny_van_Eekelen You are absolutely right! But you maybe misunderstood my problem, but i guess its my fault. I have data for the chart, but I'll need something to help me or guide me, when I'll type for example: year 1972, it will display data into the chart. Data are not the problem. The main issue is, I don't know how to write a function or something to achieve my problem.

@pipicekhih Can you upload your file with data in it?

@Riny_van_Eekelen Here it is, it's in czech, but i guess you'll figure it out