Encrypted Macros

Iron Contributor

I have two computers. Both installed with Office 365 and Avast Free Anti-virus. 

I am working with some excel with macros. Since I don't want my colleagues to amend/change the code, the macro project is set with a password. 

However, when I run the file on computer A. It shows the yellow bar at the top stating: SECURITY WARNING Macros have been disabled and after that is a button labelled as "Options..."

When I click the "Options" button, it shows another windows and stating the following message: 

This file contains encrypted macros that have been disabled because there is no antivius software installed that can scan them. To run these macros, remove the encryption or permission restrictions on the file

File Path: ......
There is only one choose "Help protect me from unknown content". 

But click okay, it does not further any procedure.

When the same file is run on computer B, the yellow bar shows "SERCURITY WARNING Marcos have been disabled." and then there is a button labelled with "Enable Content". After clicking the "Enable content" button, I can run the macros I prepared. 

I checked that the "trust center setting" on two computers are exactly the same. How can I run the macros in computer A? Thanks a lot. 

1 Reply

@Man Fai Chan 

I have experienced the exact same problem and have not been able to solve it. Check also the settings on the antivirus system and both computers are identically set.

Awaiting for someone to come up with a solution