Enable content closes file (Not all machines)

Copper Contributor

Have several excel files and all with the same behind the scenes VBA / macros.  However for some reason when I started opening some, they would automatically close.  I could copy the file and open and NOT enable content to do some work but without the content enabled could not have full access.  Have found that others are not having the issue with the same files.  They are/have been opening the files and using "as is" with all content enabled and not running into any issues.  I.T. has already re-imaged my machine and is now saying there is nothing more they can do.  Given the issue is not occurring on all machines, sounds unlikely that the problem is with the file, but looking for some ideas.  Right now my only choice is to recreate all the files with no coding which means they will not be public as the coding is what was keeping some users from making changes / automatically hid some data, etc.  Without the coding we will have to be much more "picky" on who gets files and what they get.

0 Replies